Monday, February 16, 2015

My New Favorite Nymph Fly...


OK, I won't get carried away here.  I still have my favorite fly as the Squirmy Worm.  The Squirmy fly has proven to be one of the best flies I have ever used.  However, the Frenchie has proven on the first trial run to be an honorable mention at this point.  On the trial run, I caught 15 fish in the first 30 minutes on the Frenchie at a nice hole at Cow Shoals, Arkansas.   I seriously can't believe that thing.


Time will definitely tell the truth on the Frenchie.  At first, I just thought this thing was another version of a Pheasant Tail with a pretty PINK scarf.  I don't know what it is, but the trout were ACTIVE on this dude.  I think that scarf might be a HUGE hotspot for trout to hit.  Either way, I will always have one of these on me when on the river.  I can't wait to take one my father-in-law in Colorado and see how it performs out there.  He and I will have to hit the Platte in Denver or the Roaring Fork, Crystal, or Frying Pan in Glenwood Springs again.

If you haven't checked out my site, please do.  I'm on Google+, Facebook, YouTube (primary link to tying videos) including this blog.  If you like it, subscribe.  If you don't, hit the X in the corner.  So, stay in touch...I'm not going anywhere.

RobF
Arkansas Fly Fishing





 

No comments:

Post a Comment